t: 01506 657000
A company steeped in history which still retains the guiding principles of its founder
It was in 1935 that George (WGD) Pollock started his local cartage business in Corstorphine just to the west of city of Edinburgh. The business grew steadily until 1949 when road transport was nationalised.
As a consequence the fleet became part of British Road Services and George was appointed Group Manager for East Lothian and the Borders. In 1954, when partial de-nationalisation occurred, George took the opportunity to buy some vehicles and licences, and opened for business again, now in Musselburgh. The famous turquoise, gold and red livery was born.
As the fleet continued to grow and the business expanded George’s two sons Ian (now Chairman) and George joined the family business. In 1963 Ian came up with the idea of individually naming vehicles and combining a Scottish tartan, the tradition continues to this day.
During the 1960’s and 70’s many changes occurred in the industry but the Pollocks remained loyal to their trade. Two of Ian’s sons, who have served their “apprenticeship”, are now joint Managing Directors. Scott joining in 1984 and Fraser in 1993.
Now, well in to the 21st Century, Scott and Fraser still follow the guiding principles of the founder to promote the business through service and loyalty.